Fudgy Chocolate Malt-Peppermint Pie
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate square
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate malt mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 pint peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Melt first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
- Beat chocolate mixture and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add flour and next 3 ingredients, beating until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch pieplate.
- Bake at 325° for 40 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely on wire rack.
- Press down center of crust gently. Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze 8 hours.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar at medium speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with crushed candy.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Ovaltine Chocolate Malt Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note