- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bar Swiss dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- calories 196
- caloriesfromfat 58 %
- fat 12.7 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 20.5 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 28 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 100 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine chocolates in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolates melt, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and let cool.
Line a buttered 8-inch square pan with a 7-inch-wide strip of aluminum foil, allowing foil to extend 3 inches over 2 sides of pan. Butter foil.
Beat margarine at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add liqueur, vanilla, and orange rind; beat well. Add melted chocolate, and beat at low speed until blended. Add flour and salt; beat at low speed until blended. Stir in pecans.
Spoon mixture into pan. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted 2 inches from the edge comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Using aluminum foil handles, lift brownies out of pan. Cut into squares.