These were super-easy to throw together; I didn't even have to pull out my mixer. The cakes were served with French vanilla ice cream on top and got rave reviews. Everyone asked for the recipe. I will make these again.
Fudgy Baby Cakes
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
- 6 (1-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose soft-wheat flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Paper baking cups
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour water to a depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer; place chocolate and butter in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until melted. Remove mixture from heat, and cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, and eggs in a large bowl; add chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Place paper baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Be careful not to over bake; they should be gooey. (They will crack and sink in the middle; this is normal.) Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top of each cupcake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings