Fudge Truffle Cookies
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Microwave chocolate morsels in a 2-quart glass bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 2 minutes or until melted. Stir in condensed milk, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and walnuts. Spread mixture into a buttered 9-inch square pan. Cool completely. Cut fudge into 1/2-inch squares.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg and remaining 1 tablespoon vanilla; beat well.
- Combine salt, flour, and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Work with 1 portion at a time; keep remaining dough chilled.
- Divide each portion into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a square of fudge; roll dough into a 1-inch ball. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat process with remaining dough and fudge pieces. Reserve remaining fudge for another use.
- Bake at 350° for 11 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Tip: Be sure to keep dough you're not working with refrigerated. Chilling dough prevents it from becoming too soft to handle.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts