Loved it! Next time I make it i think I will sprinkle a little sea salt on the top for that "little extra". Very easy to make and wowed everyone at dinner
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked piecrust shell
- Ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Microwave first 3 ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, whisking at 30-second intervals.
- 2. Whisk sugar and flour into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note