This is probably my FAVORITE brownie recipe! Its so simple to make and they taste great.They don't get all gooey and fudgey in the middle, they cook well all the way through, even though I don't put in pecans. The powdered sugar topping is a nice tastey touch. If you are like me and you don't have self-rising flour, or know what it is, you can add the following to the 1/2c of flour: 1/4tsp salt and 3/4tsp baking powder.
Fudge Cake Brownies
Place brownies in the freezer for 45 minutes or until firm for cleaner slices.
Yield: Makes 16 squares
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Powdered sugar
- Combine cocoa and sugar. Add melted butter and next 4 ingredients, stirring just until combined. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares, and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies