- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mint chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mint Chocolate Frosting
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add sugar, beating until fluffy. Add egg, beating well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in morsels and vanilla. Pour into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; cool. Spread with Mint Chocolate Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fudge Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Freezable, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, Southern
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate, Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Christmas, Father's Day, Kwanzaa, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living