Frutti di Mare
Photo: Sara Gray; Styling: Sheri Harrison
- 1 pound fresh or frozen and thawed baby octopus, cut into pieces
- 1 pound fresh or frozen and thawed calamari, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 1 pound fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 pound fresh Manila clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery with leaves
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- Cover octopus with cold water in a large pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife easily pierces the meat. Plunge octopus into ice water, and drain.
- Cook calamari in boiling water to cover about 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until rings are opaque. Plunge calamari into ice water, and drain.
- Throw away any mussels or clams with open shells. Steam mussels in 1 inch of water 2 minutes or until mussels open. Discard mussels that fail to open. Transfer to a clean bowl; let cool.
- Steam clams in 1 inch of water, covered, 3 to 5 minutes or until clams open. Discard clams that fail to open; let cool.
- Whisk together oil and next 5 ingredients. Combine seafood in a large bowl. Pour dressing over seafood; toss to coat. Add celery; toss again. Let marinate 2 hours. Divide greens among 6 plates; top with seafood mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes