- Â½ cup(s) Tropical Foodâs Banana SplitÂ® Snack Mix
- Â½ cup(s) unsalted butter
- Â½ cup(s) light brown sugar
- 3 slice(s) fresh pineapple
- 3 maraschino cherries
- 1 Â½ cup(s) all-purpose flour
- Â½ cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 Â¼ teaspoon(s) baking powder
- Â½ tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- Â½ cup(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream per serving
- Caramel sauce for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x2-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a sauté pan and stir in the brown sugar until melted. Spread over the parchment paper.
- Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer, and then place cherries between each slice and in the center. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a mixer beat in the remaining 6 tbsp. of butter until the mixture looks sandy. Beat in the milk, vanilla extract, and eggs on medium for 1 minute.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake to release from the pan and invert the cake onto a large plate.
- Remove the pan and parchment paper and let cool completely.
- Serve with 1 scoop of ice cream, drizzle of caramel sauce and Tropical Food’s Banana Split®.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note