Fruity Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 171mg
- Sodium: 318mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 mangoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Mix lime juice, olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Add shrimp, mangoes and pineapple. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Prepare a charcoal fire and let burn to a gray ash (or preheat a gas grill to medium). Drain shrimp, mango and pineapple and pat dry, reserving liquid. Thread on metal skewers, alternating shrimp and fruit. Brush with reserved liquid and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Grill until shrimp is cooked through and pineapple is lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note