- 2 (6.2-ounce) packages long-grain and wild rice mix
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 (6-ounce) package chopped mixed dried fruit
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
How to Make It
Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting seasoning packets; add 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Combine flour, pepper, paprika, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
Cook chicken in hot oil in a skillet over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet; set aside.
Add onion to skillet; saute over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes. Stir in fruit and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir into fruit mixture; cook 1 minute.
Spoon rice into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Place chicken over rice. Spoon fruit mixture over chicken.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Mariani Harvest Medley for dried fruit.