- 1 (6-ounce) package fast-cooking recipe long-grain and wild rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 3 large tangelos
- 1 cup chopped Gala or Fuji apple
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Rosemary sprigs (optional)
- calories 106
- fat 2.1 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- protein 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 20.2 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 285 mg
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- fiber 1.9 g
- calcium 23 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, using 2 cups water. Omit salt, fat, and seasoning packet; cool completely.
Section tangelos over a bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons juice.
Combine cooked rice, tangelo sections, apple, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
Whisk together 2 tablespoons tangelo juice, vinegar, and next 4 ingredients; drizzle over rice mixture. Sprinkle with pine nuts; toss well. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.