Fruited Wild Rice Dressing
Dried fruits add sweetness and color to this dressing that's equally at home with turkey, chicken, or pork.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 6 cups (1/2
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl, and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Place bread cubes on a large-rimmed pan and toast at 325° for 20 minutes or until dry. Set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is well browned; drain.
- Sauté onion and celery in butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Combine rice, bread, sausage, sautéed vegetables, dried fruit, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss well. Drizzle broth evenly over dressing. Toss well. Transfer dressing to a lightly greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 375º for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 more minutes or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads