Fruited Wild Rice Dressing
Dried fruits add sweetness and color to this dressing that's equally at home with turkey, chicken, or pork.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 6 cups (1/2
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl, and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Place bread cubes on a large-rimmed pan and toast at 325° for 20 minutes or until dry. Set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is well browned; drain.
- Sauté onion and celery in butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Combine rice, bread, sausage, sautéed vegetables, dried fruit, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss well. Drizzle broth evenly over dressing. Toss well. Transfer dressing to a lightly greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 375º for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 more minutes or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note