I tried this for dinner with a chicken dish and sauteed zucchini with mushrooms (also from SL) and it was outstanding. My family couldn't stop eating it! A definite keeper! I did use brown basmati rice instead of white rice and it came out fine. Next time I will use chicken broth instead of water for a bit of a flavor boost. But it was still wonderful in the original form. Thanks SL!
Fruited Rice Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 2 1/4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 17 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in parsley.
- Charles and Judy Russell, Birmingham, Alabama
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables