Fruited Chicken Salad Pitas
Make this your go-to chicken salad recipe to serve at showers, lunch gatherings, and tailgates. Serve with fat-free pretzels.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 18.5g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 399mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 6 small green leaf lettuce leaves
- 3 (6-inch) whole wheat pita bread rounds, cut in half crosswise
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Gently stir in oranges.
- 2. Place 1 lettuce leaf in each pita pocket half. Spoon 3/4 cup chicken salad into each pita half.
- Note: Using fat-free mayonnaise instead of regular can help you keep your intake of fat grams down to a healthy level. But remember that even though the mayonnaise is fat-free, it still contains sodium and may need to be limited if you're on a low-sodium diet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note