Fruited Butter Cake
Kaiser Backform Recipe for 8 1/2" Bundform
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 whole(s) large eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 16 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup(s) golden raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) currents
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- For Cake:
- 1. Move oven rack to lower third of oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the bundform.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and extract; reserve.
- 3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt cinnamon, and sugar in large bowl. Add butter and half of egg mixture; beat for 90 seconds.
- 4. Add half of remaining egg mixture and beat for 20seconds.
- 5. Scrape bowl, add remaining egg mixture and beat for 20 seconds.
- 6. Fold in the raisins and currents. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- 7. Bake until brown, cake begins to come away from the sides, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (50-70 minutes). Cool completely.
- For Glaze:
- 1. Combine the powered sugar and vanilla and add just enough water to make a smooth glaze which is thin enough to gently flow down the cake.
- 2. Pour the glaze over the top of the cake, allowing it to flow down the sides.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fruited Butter Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings