- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 2/3 cup halved seedless red or green grapes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- calories 157
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fat 5.8 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 2.7 g
- carbohydrate 24.2 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 181 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Combine rice, grapes, and pecans in a medium bowl. Stir in vinegar and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours, if desired.
Note: Take a hike! For fitness, that is. A few times around the block can help you lose weight, burn fat, and decrease your risk of heart disease. Walking can be done almost anywhere or anytime and it requires no equipment except a sturdy pair of shoes.