I made these for a cookie exchange and they are delicious! I did modify the recipe a little-I used dried cranberries instead of raisins and dried cherries instead of maraschino cherries (I didn't have any). I also just added 1 cup of pecans instead of 4. They were outstanding and disappeared quickly at the exchange and my house! Will definitely make again!
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
From the Kitchen of Jennifer Heichel, Andalusia, AL
Chock-full of dried fruit and pecans, these chewy two-bite nibbles won't be relegated to the re-gift pile.
Yield: Makes about 9 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound mixed candied fruit and peel
- 4 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°. Beat sugar and butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until blended. Stir in candied fruit and peel, pecans, raisins, and cherries. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks (about 20 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This