- 1 (14.5-ounce) can pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 (1 1/4-inch-thick) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 3 pounds)
How to Make It
Combine first 12 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Cook onion in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a small skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender. Add to cherry mixture, tossing to coat.
Cut a slit (about 2 inches deep and 3 to 4 inches long; do not cut in half) in 1 side of each pork chop to form a pocket. Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into each pocket. Secure with a wooden pick.
Cook pork in remaining 4 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Place chops in a 13- x 9-inch pan.
Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into stuffing registers 160°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.