Fruit Salad with Palm Sugar Syrup
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 121
- Calories from fat: 1.5%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 71mg
- Cholesterol: 0.1mg
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 cups (10 oz.) chopped palm sugar or firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid tamarind concentrate or lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh Thai or serrano chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 8 cups bite-size pieces mixed fresh fruit (pineapple, mango, honeydew, seedless watermelon, star fruit, grapefruit or orange segments, unripe or ripe papaya, green apple)
- 1. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan over medium heat, stir anchovy paste until warm, about 30 seconds.
- 2. Add 1 cup water, palm sugar, tamarind concentrate, chilies, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is reduced to 1 cup, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Pour through a strainer into a bowl; discard residue. Cover and chill syrup until cool, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Up to 30 minutes before serving, mix syrup with fruit.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This