Easy, refreshing, well-balanced tartness to sweetness, and the coconut and toasted almonds add great flavor notes with just the right amount of crunch and texture.
Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Sauce
Honey-sweetened yogurt spooned over fresh fruit is a refreshing addition to any meal but especially brunch. You can prepare and refrigerate the yogurt sauce up to a day in advance. You can also combine and refrigerate the fruit mixture (except the banana) up to three hours ahead; stir in the banana just before serving to prevent discoloring.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 196
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.9g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Calcium: 111mg
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 cups cubed pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Braeburn apple (about 1 large)
- 1 cup orange sections (about 2 oranges)
- 1 cup chopped peeled kiwi (about 2 large)
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine yogurt, honey, and lime rind in a small bowl.
- Combine pineapple and next 4 ingredients (through coconut) in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Just before serving, stir in banana. Top fruit mixture with yogurt sauce; sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This