This is a nice change of pace for the winter. If you substitute a few coarsely chopped candied pecans (another SL recipe) for the toasted pecans, it is probably a 4 star recipe. Of course, it is higher in calories too. You can also double the sauce to be sure you have enough to pass at the table. We will have this again soon.
Fruit Salad With Honey Dressing
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons huajillo or other wildflower honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Pink Lady or Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- Mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Stir together first 3 ingredients until well blended.
- Toss apple and pear slices with half of dressing.
- Arrange greens on serving plate; top with apple and pear slices. Sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle with additional dressing, if desired.
Dressing will become thin if it sits overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This