I LOVE this salad! Although I've eaten it exactly as the recipe recommends, I also love to substitute different ingredients depending on what I have in the house -- blueberries, avocado, blue cheese crumbles, toasted nuts, etc. Sometimes, I use raspberry preserves for the dressing -- delicious!
Fruit Salad With Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette
Look for refrigerated jars of sliced mango and pink grapefruit segments in the produce section of the supermarket.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 8 cups gourmet mixed salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mango
- 1 1/2 cups pink grapefruit segments
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette
- Place salad greens and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, and gently toss. Serve immediately with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads