Fruit Salad with Citrus-Basil Syrup
Fruit Salad with Citrus-Basil Syrup incorporates a medley of juicy flavors like peaches, plums, and apricots. The zesty syrup makes a perfect finish to the Fruit Salad.
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed orange zest
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed lemon zest
- 1/2 pound peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pound plums, sliced
- 1 pound apricots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Bring water and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, orange zest, and lemon zest. Let stand 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine peaches, plums, and apricots in a large bowl. Pour sugar mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard solids. Stir 1/4 to 1/2 cup syrup and 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil into fruit; reserve remaining syrup for another use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note