It was okay. It was quite salty due to the pancake mix even though I used unsalted butter. Also, the quantity of fruit isn't specified. I feel I didn't put enough in there. Next time (if there is a next time) I will add a lot more fruit and cook it down a bit with some brown sugar and maybe even a splash of Grand Marnier, rhum, or some other flavourful liqueur. That will make this more tasty, I think.
Fruit Pancake Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) aunt jemima pancake mix
- 1.5 cup(s) water
- choice of fruit
- 1. heat oven to 450
- 2. melt butter in large cast iron pan
- 3. add fruits to cast iron
- 4. make pancake mix with water in separate bowl
- 5. add pancake batter to fruits in cast iron
- 6. bake for about 15 minutes
- 7. let sit for 5 minutes
- 8. top with confectioners sugar, fruit topping, syrup, etc.,
This recipe is a personal recipe added by papaford and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note