Summer Fruit Mini Ice Cream Pies
Photo: Yunhee Kim; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
4 Hours, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 443
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 5.8g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 167mg
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- 2 batches Buttery Pie Pastry, divided into 6 disks
- 1 3/4 qts. vanilla ice cream, softened until easily spoonable
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 Champagne (also called Ataulfo or Manila) mango
- 1 red-fleshed plum or pluot
- 1 nectarine
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1. Working with one pastry disk at a time (keep others chilled), press disks evenly until thin (about 1/8 in.) over bottom, up sides, and especially into corners of 6 (4 1/2-in.) cheesecake pans with removable sides. Trim edges even with rims and prick bottoms all over with a fork. Chill 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Bake pastry on bottom rack of oven until golden brown,20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 3. Stir ice cream with Cointreau and zest until smooth. Divide among cooled crusts, set on a baking sheet, and freeze at least 3 hours.
- 4. Whisk marmalade with 2 tsp. water, then strain. Dice mango and thinly slice plum and nectarine. Top each pie with any combination of fruits, or go with just one. Using a pastry brush, generously dab toppings with strained marmalade and serve immediately.
- More pie tips:
- Let the pies soften for 5 minutes at room temp to make slicing easier.
- If you're having trouble freeing your pies from their pans, set one at a time over a bowl of hot water for a couple of minutes and then slide a thin knife between the pan edge and the crust. It should pop right out.
- Make ahead: Once the pies are fully frozen through step 3, they keep for up to 4 days, double-wrapped in plastic wrap. Top them just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts