Fruit Kabobs with Coconut Dressing
Make Ahead. Three simple ingredients create a complex, creamy, marmalade-kissed dressing.
Yield: 20 servings (serving size: 1 kabob and 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 43
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 0.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 13mg
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 medium-size Red Delicious apple
- 1 medium pear
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 (1-inch) fresh pineapple chunks
- 20 seedless green or red grapes
- 20 fresh strawberries, capped
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients; cover and chill.
- 2. Core apple and pear; cut each into 20 bite-size pieces. Toss apple and pear pieces with lemon juice.
- 3. Thread fruit alternately onto 20 (6-inch) wooden skewers. Serve kabobs with coconut dressing.
- Note: Since coconut is a plant food, it contains no cholesterol. However, coconut is very high in fat, and the fat is mostly saturated, which increases blood cholesterol. If you're a coconut lover, don't give it up altogether; enjoy it in very small amounts as in the recipe above.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This