- 1 1/2 cups vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 medium-size Red Delicious apple
- 1 medium pear
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 (1-inch) fresh pineapple chunks
- 20 seedless green or red grapes
- 20 fresh strawberries, capped
- calories 43
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- fat 0.6 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- protein 1.1 g
- carbohydrate 9.2 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- sodium 13 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients; cover and chill.
Core apple and pear; cut each into 20 bite-size pieces. Toss apple and pear pieces with lemon juice.
Thread fruit alternately onto 20 (6-inch) wooden skewers. Serve kabobs with coconut dressing.
Note: Since coconut is a plant food, it contains no cholesterol. However, coconut is very high in fat, and the fat is mostly saturated, which increases blood cholesterol. If you're a coconut lover, don't give it up altogether; enjoy it in very small amounts as in the recipe above.