Fruit and Veggie Oatmeal Bars
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen spinach well drained
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen strawerries
- 2 cup(s) oatmeal
- 1-1/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3/4 cup(s) butter chilled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan.
- Place fruit and spinach in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often. Cook until soft and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix oatmeal, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or food processor until butter is in small clumps - like biscuit dough.
- Press half of dough into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Puree fruit mixture (may need to add a little water, but you want fruit mixture to be pretty thick).
- Spread fruit mixture over baked crust and top with remaining crust mixture, pressing down slightly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until slightly browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fruit and Veggie Oatmeal Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes