Fruit and Nut Rusks
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) dates chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds whole
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) anise seeds
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 3 eggs
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Toss dates, nuts and seeds with 2 tablespoons of flour mixture. Beat butter, sugar, almond extract and eggs at high speed until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour mixture, dates, nuts and seeds. Chill in covered bowl for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Turn dough onto floured surface, and divide in half. Rolling with floured hands, shape each half of dough into a cylinder 10-12" long. Place on foil-covered cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes until firm and golden. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then cool completely on wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cut each loaf into 15-18 1/2" diagonal slice with serrated knife. Put on cookie sheets. Bake for 20 minutes, turn over and bake another 20 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Pack in air-tight containers and store up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fruit and Nut Rusks Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies