Frozen Yogurt with Strawberries in Balsamic Syrup
Photo: Ray Kachatorian
- 1 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups plain Greek-style whole-milk yogurt (or other thick whole-milk yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorn, crushed*
- 1. Reduce balsamic vinegar and 1/2 cup sugar by half over medium-low heat in a nonreactive saucepan. Set aside.
- 2. Mix yogurt, remaining 1 cup sugar, and lemon juice until sugar dissolves. Pour into a nonreactive bowl, and chill until cold. Pour into ice-cream maker, and follow manufacturer's instructions to make frozen yogurt. Freeze 30 minutes in ice-cream bowl.
- 3. Scoop frozen yogurt into a bowl, top with berries, and drizzle with balsamic syrup. Finish with a pinch of crushed peppercorn.
- *For testing purposes, we used a peppercorn mélange (mix).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts