Frozen Yogurt-Chocolate Bombe
Even though the weights may vary slightly among low-fat brownie mixes, any one of them will work in this recipe.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Carbohydrate: 54.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 1 (20.5-ounce) package low-fat fudge brownie mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso or 2 tablespoons coffee granules
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups coffee low-fat frozen yogurt, softened and divided
- 2 tablespoons fat-free caramel-flavored sundae syrup
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Spread batter into a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut brownie into 7 (10 x 2-inch) strips; trim dry edges, if needed.
- Coat a deep, round bottom 2 1/2-quart bowl with cooking spray; line with heavy-duty plastic wrap, allowing wrap to extend over edge of bowl. Arrange brownie strips in bottom and up sides of bowl, trimming strips as needed and pressing edges of strips together (inside surface of bowl should be completely covered). Reserve remaining brownie strips.
- Spoon 1 cup coffee yogurt into the bottom of brownie-lined bowl. Fold caramel syrup into vanilla yogurt, and spoon over coffee yogurt layer, spreading evenly. Top with remaining coffee yogurt, spreading evenly. Cover top layer completely with the reserved brownie strips. Cover the surface with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Uncover and invert bowl onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Combine cocoa and cinnamon, and sift over bombe. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges, using a sharp knife dipped in hot water.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Frozen Yogurt-Chocolate Bombe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
- CONVENIENCE: Freezable, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, New American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter, Father's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light