Heavenly. Light and fluffy like sugary air.
Frozen White Chocolate and Hazelnut Mousse
Photo: Karry Hosford
Place a freezer-safe container in the freezer before you start the recipe; a chilled container helps preserve a light, fluffy texture.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 207
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 81mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 ounces premium white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash of salt
- 6 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Place egg yolks in a medium bowl. Combine 3 tablespoons water, butter, and chocolate in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until chocolate melts. Gradually add chocolate mixture to egg yolks, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return chocolate mixture to pan; cook over medium heat until thick (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur. Cool slightly.
- Place cream of tartar, salt, and egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Combine sugar and 2/3 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 238°. Gradually pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream into egg white mixture, beating at high speed until stiff peaks form (5 to 7 minutes).
- Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Fold in whipped topping and hazelnuts. Spoon mixture into a chilled freezer-safe container; freeze 8 hours or overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts