This is a favorite for Spring and Summer Entertaining. I've never served it, and not had at least one person ask for the recipe.
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Scott Martin
This makes about 24 servings without breaking the bank. Total cost is about $13.
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 gal.
More From Southern Living
- 1 gal. sangría
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen limeade, thawed
- 1 (2-liter) bottle lemon-lime soft drink
- 2 cups sliced oranges, lemons, and limes
- 1. Place 1 (2-gal.) zip-top plastic freezer bag inside another 2-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag. Place bags in a large bowl. Combine sangría, limeade, and lemon-lime soft drink in the inside bag. Seal both bags, and freeze 24 hours. (Double bagging is a precaution to avoid spills.)
- 2. Remove mixture from freezer 1 hour before serving, squeezing occasionally until slushy. Transfer mixture to a 2-gal. container. Stir in fruit.
- Kid-Friendly Frozen Sangría: Substitute cranberry juice for sangría. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note