Frozen Margarita Pie
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 2.7g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 158mg
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- 1 1/2 cups (3 1/2 oz.) lightly packed white marshmallows
- 2/3 cup half-and-half (light cream)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila (see notes)
- 20 thin chocolate wafer cookies (about 2 in. wide; 5 oz. total)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over medium heat, stir marshmallows with half-and-half until melted, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Nest pan in ice water; stir often until cool, about 3 minutes. Add lime peel, lime juice, and tequila; stir occasionally until cold, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3. In a food processor, whirl cookies until finely ground. Add butter and whirl until mixed. Press cookie mixture evenly over bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch cake pan with removable rim.
- 4. In a bowl with a mixer on high speed, whip cream with sugar until it holds soft peaks. Fold in marshmallow mixture, blending well.
- 5. Pour filling into crust and spread level. Freeze until firm to touch in the center, about 1 hour, then wrap airtight and freeze until solid, at least 2 hours longer or up to 2 weeks.
- 6. Unwrap pie, run a thin knife between crust and pan rim, and remove rim. Set dessert on a flat plate. Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes to soften slightly, then cut into wedges.
Use a silver tequila.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts