Frozen Margarita Mousse Tarts
Salted pretzels form the crust for this light and refreshing dessert that mimics the flavors of the lime-flavored cocktail except for the tequila.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Hours
- 1 cup crushed salted pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Garnish: lime slices
- Place paper baking cups in muffin pans. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Spoon tablespoonfuls of pretzel mixture into prepared pans, pressing to cover bottom of cups. Bake at 300° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place orange juice in a small microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin; stir and let stand 1 minute. Microwave orange juice mixture at HIGH 30 seconds or until gelatin dissolves; stir well. Stir in lime juice; cool to room temperature.
- Combine whipping cream and salt in a medium bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form. Gradually fold in orange juice mixture until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup whipped cream mixture. Freeze 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with lime slices, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note