Make any size batch of this recipe by simply multiplying the ingredient measurements by the desired number of servings. For a sweeter drink, use 1/2 cup powdered sugar instead of 1/3 cup.
More From Southern Living
- Fresh lime wedge (optional)
- Margarita salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice*
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Rub rim of a chilled margarita glass with lime wedge, and dip rim in salt to coat, if desired.
- 2. Combine lime juice, liqueur, tequila, and powdered sugar in a small pitcher or measuring cup; stir until powdered sugar is dissolved. Pour into a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and freeze 8 hours. Let stand 5 minutes at room temperature before serving. Pour into prepared glass.
- *1/3 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate may be substituted for fresh lime juice. Omit powdered sugar, and proceed with recipe as directed.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Cointreau for orange liqueur and Jose Cuervo Especial for tequila.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note