More From Southern Living
- Fresh lime wedge (optional)
- Margarita salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice*
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Rub rim of a chilled margarita glass with lime wedge, and dip rim in salt to coat, if desired.
- 2. Combine lime juice, liqueur, tequila, and powdered sugar in a small pitcher or measuring cup; stir until powdered sugar is dissolved. Pour into a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and freeze 8 hours. Let stand 5 minutes at room temperature before serving. Pour into prepared glass.
- *1/3 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate may be substituted for fresh lime juice. Omit powdered sugar, and proceed with recipe as directed.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Cointreau for orange liqueur and Jose Cuervo Especial for tequila.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This