Frozen Lime Pie
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large pasteurized eggs, separated*
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Garnish: Lime rind curls
- Combine crumbs, coconut, and butter in a food processor; pulse 3 to 4 times or until blended. Press mixture evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat egg yolks at high speed with an electric mixer 8 minutes or until pale. Add milk and next 3 ingredients; beat until blended.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form; fold into egg yolk mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs. Freeze 8 hours or until firm. Garnish with lime rind, if desired.
- *Note: Pasteurized eggs are heated to kill any bacteria within or on eggshells. Regular, raw eggs may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts