- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large pasteurized eggs, separated*
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Garnish: Lime rind curls
How to Make It
Combine crumbs, coconut, and butter in a food processor; pulse 3 to 4 times or until blended. Press mixture evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Beat egg yolks at high speed with an electric mixer 8 minutes or until pale. Add milk and next 3 ingredients; beat until blended.
Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form; fold into egg yolk mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs. Freeze 8 hours or until firm. Garnish with lime rind, if desired.
*Note: Pasteurized eggs are heated to kill any bacteria within or on eggshells. Regular, raw eggs may be substituted.