Frozen Key Lime Soufflé with Raspberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 cup Key lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- Fold wax paper to create a 1 1/2-inch-wide collar for each of 8 (6-ounce) ramekins. Wrap paper collars around the outside of the ramekins, allowing 1 inch or more to extend above the rim; tape to secure. Set ramekins aside.
- Melt butter in top of a double boiler; stir in rind and next 3 ingredients. Whisk together yolks and whole eggs, and stir into juice mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream, and fold gently into cooled lime mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared ramekins. (Mixture will extend up the sides of the collars.) Arrange fresh raspberries on top. Freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine thawed raspberries and honey in a blender; strain to remove seeds.
- Remove the paper collars, and drizzle soufflés with raspberry sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts