This recipe was fabulous! I served it at a brunch last weekend and guest loved them! Followed the recipe as written! It's a perfect entertaining dessert because you can prep everything in advance!
Frozen Fruit Skewers With Honey-Yogurt Dip
Prep: 20 minutes; Freeze: 1 hour.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 skewers and 1/4 cup dip)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek-style yogurt (such as Fage)
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey (You can adjust the amount of honey to suit your sweet tooth.)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 peeled ripe mangoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick cubes (about 24)
- 3 peeled kiwifruit, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 24)
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- 24 seedless red grapes
- 12 (8-inch) bamboo or other skewers
- 1. Combine the first 5 ingredients (through orange zest) in a blender or food processor; process until blended. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes or until mixture sets.
- 2. Thread fruit alternately onto skewers, using 2 pieces of each fruit per skewer. Place skewers in a single layer on a small rimmed baking sheet. Freeze at least 1 hour or until fruit is frozen through. (Once frozen, skewers can be placed in a resealable zip-top plastic bag and kept in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.)
- 3. Thaw fruit about 15 minutes before serving. Serve with dip.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads