Frozen Cocoa-Mint Crêpes
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil
- 2 (4.67-ounce) packages chocolate-covered mint wafer candies, divided
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, chocolate shavings
- Combine first 4 ingredients, beating with a wire whisk until smooth. Add egg and beat well; stir in 2 teaspoons oil. Chill batter at least 2 hours.
- Coat bottom of a 6" crêpe pan or heavy skillet with oil; place over medium heat until hot.
- Pour 2 tablespoons batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers bottom of pan. Cook 1 minute or until crêpe can be shaken loose from pan. Turn crêpe over and cook about 30 seconds. Place crêpe on a dish towel to cool. Repeat with remaining batter. Stack crêpes between sheets of wax paper to prevent sticking.
- Unwrap and chop 1 package of chocolate mint candies. Beat 2 1/2 cups whipping cream and powdered sugar at high speed of an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in chopped mint candies. Cover and freeze 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/3 cup whipped cream mixture in center of each crêpe. Fold left and right side of each crêpe toward center. Place, seam side down, in a dish and freeze at least 2 hours.
- Combine remaining chocolate mint candies, 1/4 cup whipping cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until chocolate melts, stirring often. Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Place 2 crêpes on each serving plate. Drizzle warm sauce over crêpes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts