Frosting for Red Velvet Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 6 tablespoon(s) non self-rising flour
- 3 stick(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- gradually add milk to flour to make a smooth paste
- Cook to medium heat to thicken (about pudding consistency)
- Remove from heat. Stir until cool.
- Cream butter, sugar until fluffy.
- Add cooled flour mixture and beat at medium speed with mixer.
- Makes enough to ice between cake layers (as thick as cake)
- and also for rest of cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JeanneC1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Frosting for Red Velvet Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts