The recipe now seems to be complete, but where is the frosting recipe? Please add it so I can try these.
Frosted Turtle Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg, seperated
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound pecan halves (80 halves)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Stir together flour, soda and salt. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add flour mixture, mixing well. Stir in vanilla. (Dough will be soft.) Cover and chill 30 minutes. Arrange pecan halves in groups of five on greased baking sheets to resemble head and legs of turtle.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, using a rounded teaspoonful of dough for each so tips of nuts will show when cookies are baked. Dip bottom of dough into unbeaten egg white and press lightly onto nuts; flatten tops slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely on wire racks.
- Beat butter in a small mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, cocoa, and whipping cream, beating until smooth. Generously spread frosting on top of cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies