Frosted Party Sandwiches
Make these sandwiches the night before your celebration. An electric knife works really well to cut the sandwiches, but a serrated knife will also do the trick.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1 cup Chicken Salad
- 12 whole wheat bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 cup Egg Salad
- 1 cup purchased pimiento cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) tub chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Garnishes: celery leaves, paprika, shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Spread 1/3 cup Chicken Salad evenly on 1 side of 3 bread slices. Stack Chicken Salad-topped slices; top with 1 bread slice. Repeat procedure with 4 more bread slices and Egg Salad. Repeat procedure with remaining bread slices and pimiento cheese. (You will have 3 stacked sandwiches.)
- 2. Beat cream cheeses and milk at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread evenly over top and sides of each stack. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Garnish chicken salad sandwich with celery leaves, egg salad sandwich with paprika, and pimiento cheese sandwich with Cheddar cheese, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note