FROSTED BANANA BARS
Community Recipe from
- •3 tablespoons butter, softened
- •1-1/2 cups sugar
- •2 eggs
- •1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- •1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- •2 cups all-purpose flour
- •1 teaspoon baking soda
- •Dash salt
- •1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- •1/3 cup butter, softened
- •3 cups confectioners' sugar
- •2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- •In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2
- minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the bananas, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture just until blended.
- •Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire
- •For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- © Taste of Home 2012
- 2 of 2
- Makeover Frosted Banana Bars (continued)
- Directions (continued)
- fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Frost bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 bar equals 149 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
- © Taste
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
FROSTED BANANA BARS Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies