FRONT PORCH FRIED CATFISH
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Cornbread mix
- 1 tablespoon(s) Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried thyme
- 6 (3/4 to 1 pound) farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- peanut oil
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dip fillets in buttermilk, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with salt and peppers, and dredge in cornbread mixture.
- Pour oil to dept of 4 inches into an electric fryer or dutch oven; heat to 400 degrees. Fry fillets, 2 at a time, 2 to 3 minutes or until they float; drain on paper towels.
- Yield 6 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by beslade220 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
FRONT PORCH FRIED CATFISH Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes