This was so delicious! Had to cook it in two batches since it wouldn't all fit in my stockpot! All of the ingredients were pretty expensive, but there were a lot of leftovers so it was worth it.
Frogmore stew, otherwise known as a Low Country boil, is an simple and easy one-pot seafood dinner. Serve with cocktail sauce and plenty of napkins!
More From Southern Living
- 5 quarts water
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 4 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 pounds kielbasa or hot smoked link sausage, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 ears fresh corn, halved
- 4 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- Old Bay seasoning
- Cocktail sauce
- Bring 5 quarts water and 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning to a rolling boil in a large covered stockpot.
- Add potatoes; return to a boil, and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and corn, and return to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add shrimp to stockpot; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain. Serve with Old Bay seasoning and cocktail sauce.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note