Fritto Misto Po'boys
Pepperoncini and sliced green tomatoes brighten our take on the Italian "mixed fried" seafood combo. If you have any leftover batter, simply discard it.
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large raw Gulf shrimp (26/30 count)
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 cup jarred pepperoncini salad peppers, stemmed
- 1 (8-oz.) package tempura batter mix
- 1 cup cold light beer
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Cajun Coleslaw
- 8 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. Creole seasoning.
- 2. Pat peppers dry with paper towels.
- 3. Whisk together tempura batter mix, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 2 tsp. Creole seasoning in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 350°.
- 5. Dip shrimp and peppers into batter. Shake off excess. Fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- 6. Spoon Cajun Coleslaw onto rolls. Layer with tomato slices, shrimp, and peppers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note