- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large raw Gulf shrimp (26/30 count)
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 cup jarred pepperoncini salad peppers, stemmed
- 1 (8-oz.) package tempura batter mix
- 1 cup cold light beer
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Cajun Coleslaw
- 8 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced
How to Make It
Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. Creole seasoning.
Pat peppers dry with paper towels.
Whisk together tempura batter mix, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 2 tsp. Creole seasoning in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 350°.
Dip shrimp and peppers into batter. Shake off excess. Fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
Spoon Cajun Coleslaw onto rolls. Layer with tomato slices, shrimp, and peppers.